Thursday, May 28, 2015

Already have one country down?


(Over two hundred year old whiskey wheel...apparently if you touch it three times it is good luck for ten years...)
It seems unreal that I am already moving on to London tomorrow. I must have thought that time was just going to stop when I got here and I'm already finding that it is moving too fast! However, I did thoroughly enjoy my time in Dublin. 

Everyone is really friendly, this is truly the only place I've ever been that people will just stop on the street and talk to you just because they feel like it. With that being said, even though everyone is very friendly I didn't get to talk to anyone about my project today. I set time aside this morning and went out to a coffee shop but there was a little too much going on in peoples lives for me to have a conversation...which is fair. I was a little disappointed but not discouraged. My interest was definitely hightened yesterday when I spent a good amount of the day finding people at Trinity College and I am already wondering how the responses and thoughts are going to differ based on each country. I think it's cool. I've already learned a lot of do's and don'ts for how I want to approach this trip and my dialogue with people. As I said before I want to be stronger at initiating these conversations but I also want to learn more about life in different countries. Trying to find a balance might be tough at times but I feel like I would be missing a part of the experience as a whole if I didn't do things that are just fun and help me meet people. 

My disappointment did not last for too long either since I was convinced (it really wasn't that hard to convince me) to go to the Jameson Distillery AND the Guinness Storehouse...what a world. Very interesting cultural day...still not a big fan of whiskey, but I appreciate it as an art. Really liked the Guinness Storehouse, but I really like beer. 

There was also an circular bar on the top of the Storehouse that had a 360 view of Dublin, including that +1700 acre park-Phenoix Park. It is the largest city park in all of Europe...which is really impressive because there are some really big parks out there. They really like there greenspace. 

Three takeaways from Dublin: beers, bikes and public spaces. Three of my favorite things!


Now on to packing up my backpack and getting ready for an early flight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment